Originally formed as Spengler Insurance Agency in 1916 by Sylvester C. Spengler, the agency was formed in the heart of Alexandria, Louisiana. The office was located in the Historic Hotel Bentley for many years.
In the 1930s the agency was moved to its current location at 911 4th St. In 1956, Mr. Paul Stewart joined as a partner and the name was eventually changed to Spengler-Stewart Agency. Other employees and partners worked beside Mr. Spengler and Mr. Stewart until 1968 when Paul Stewart’s son, P.D., joined the agency. Eventually, P.D. became the sole owner and continued to make the business prosper. Now after 100 years in business Lori Ardoin, an employee of 14 years, purchased the agency in 2014. P.D. remains a consultant for the agency.
After 105+ years our agency is now Alexandria’s oldest locally owned agency.